An LGBT+ vacation is a great way to explore a new destination with the added comfort and safety of being around like-minded travelers. While your choice of destination will ultimately determine the types of clothing and items you should bring, a VACAYA trip has the added benefit of themed events which add a bit of spice and excitement to the experience. So, if you’re thinking about taking an LGBT+ vacation with VACAYA or you already have one booked, be sure to read these tips to guide you on making sure you pack everything you need so you’re fully prepared for your upcoming trip.
Pack Your Smile!
The most important to pack is your smile and willingness to say “Hi”. Passengers are eager to get to know you, but you have to put yourself out there and meet them halfway. Remember that many LGBT+ passengers come from places where they aren’t comfortable being out and proud, and they seek the comforts of community on the vacation. “Hi, how’s your trip going so far?” openers lead quickly into genuine conversations that can create lasting bonds, much more so than you may have experienced on regular cruises.
What to Wear
One of the best things about an all-LGBT+ vacation is that we create a safe environment where you can truly be yourself. Wear as little or as much as you want, experiment without judgement, and feel comfortable and confident. All we ask is that you keep your twigs, berries, and buns covered in dining areas and only go fully nude in areas designated as clothing optional.
VACAYA vacations have themed events and parties where you might consider dressing up in costume. While not required, it can be fun to join the theme and a creative way to make a costume, regardless of how extravagant or simple it might be. Check the programming in advance to be in the know so you’re prepared to participate in the themed events if you wish.
One of the themed parties on VACAYA’s 2023 Caribbean Cruise will be the HOTTEST UNDERWEAR PARTY AT SEA. NASTY, as we’ve titled it, will be powered by a leader in underwear and gear, ANDREW CHRISTIAN! So what will you be wearing? Check out their website for divine inspiration!
Here’s your Check List
Now that you know what you’ll be wearing, here’s a checklist of items you won’t want to forget to pack:
- Sunscreen – take more than you think you’ll need so you don’t run out!
- Sunglasses – take a few pairs just in case you break or lose a pair.
- Water Bottle – Keeping hydrated is critical to make sure you’re up for the fun!
- Drawstring Bag – to help you carry your essentials to the beach or theme parties. On the 2023 Caribbean cruise, you’ll be receiving one from Andrew Christian so we’ll save you some packing there!
- Door Décor – many people decorate their doors with pictures or displays to show their personality and to make friends.
- White board – Don’t forget Command Strips to easily remove it at the end of the cruise.
- Cruise Cards – contact info so new friends can keep in touch.
- Intimacy Kit – with upwards of thousands of hot companions, you’ll want to be prepared.
- Toys – Don’t be afraid to call in back-up to ensure plenty of pleasure all around!
And use code: 50VAC at AndrewChristian.com for 50% off your purchase!
- Travel Insurance – protect your investment and sleep better while away knowing you’re covered.
- Don’t forget to join our social media groups and save a link to the Get Ready page to stay informed!
Are you ready for your LGBT+ vacation?!