First responders like Military, Police, Fire, Paramedics, National Guard, and FBI hold a special place in The Vacayans’ hearts. Whether you patrol the streets of LA or Baghdad, respond to the cry of a child or the wail of a fire alarm, we solute your service with special pricing on VACAYA vacations.
Is the Protective Services Pricing available on every VACAYA trip?
At this time, Protective Services pricing is only available on large-ship VACAYA Bliss programs like our Ptown Cruise August 2019.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for Protective Services pricing, one member of your party must be:
- Military: All active and retired members of all branches of the military qualify for this offer. That includes service members of the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), National Guard, Reservists, and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- First Responders: A first responder is a person who has received special training to be among the first to arrive, respond, and assist at the scene of an emergency such as an accident, natural disaster, or terrorist attack and has received special training for this. This includes Police, Sheriffs and Deputies, State Troopers, Firefighters, EMTs/Paramedics, 911 Dispatchers, Correctional Officers, and Federal Law Enforcement.
How do you know I’m in Protective Services?
We keep it simple:
- Snap a photo of your current government or agency ID.
- Email your full legal name, date of birth, telephone number, the name of the vacation you’d like to join, and the photo of your ID to email@example.com.
- Once received, VACAYA’s Vacation Planners will verify your service and reach out to you to finalize your reservation.
What is the Protective Services Pricing?
Pricing is per person based on double occupancy and is as follows for a Guaranteed* Stateroom on our Ptown Cruise:
- Interior Stateroom– $897 fare + $126 gratuities + $279 tax/fees per person.
- Oceanview Stateroom– $1197 fare + $126 gratuities + $279 tax/fees per person.
*“Guaranteed” simply means you won’t pick your room in advance, but instead agree to let VACAYA choose your room for you closer to sailing.
What if my travel companion isn’t in Protective Services? Do they get the special pricing, too?
Verified Service Members may add one guest to the room at Protective Services pricing. Any additional guests in the same room would be at regular pricing for that room category.
What if I’m traveling alone?
All shipboard rooms are based on double occupancy, so if you wanted a stateroom all to yourself, you’d pay the Protective Services fare twice, plus port charges once, and gratuities twice. OR… you can join our Solo Traveler’s program, STEP, and share a cabin with someone VACAYA assigns to join you.
How do I receive the Protective Services pricing?
Once we confirm your eligibility, we’ll email you to let you know you’re good to go and we’ll set up a date/time to complete your booking with one of our Vacation Planners!