MYTH BUSTING: UNLIMITED DRINK PACKAGE CRUISE
For years, there’s been a myth that unlimited beverage packages could never be sold on charter cruises. Here at VACAYA we’re all about demystifying the charter cruise experience and we busted this myth! Let’s be clear… unlimited alcoholic drink packages have been difficult to pull off on charter cruises because if they’re offered, everyone onboard is typically required to purchase one. However, working with the fabulous Celebrity team, we came up with a plan to allow you to enjoy the packages usually unavailable on big-ship charter cruises.
The biggest concern with offering unlimited packages has always been that charter cruises are simply different than standard cruises. Charter cruises like those produced by VACAYA are all about bringing people together, with cruisers making many new friends along the way. And based on the industry’s experience, package abuse – where guests with an unlimited package “buy” drinks for guests who don’t have a package – is a real concern. It’s theft. So it’s been easier to simply eliminate the possibility of theft than to deal with the real-world consequences of those abusive actions.
But here at VACAYA, we kept asking ourselves, “Are our guests the type of people who’d walk into a convenience store and put a few beers in their pocket and walk out without paying? Or go to a restaurant and leave without paying their bill?” No matter how we asked the question, the answer for us was always “no.”
We trust you not to abuse the system. Not to steal. And it’s that level of trust, combined with Celebrity’s state-of-the-art monitoring, that will hopefully allow this to become a standard part of all future VACAYA vacations. But now it’s up to you to ensure that all guests play by the rules in regard to these new package offerings.
THE FINE PRINT
- Packages can be purchased directly from Celebrity after receiving your Celebrity Booking Number from VACAYA just before the cruise.
- All occupants of a single stateroom are required to purchase a beverage package if one person purchases a package. For roommates where one person drinks and the other does not, the non-drinker is required to purchase the equivalent non-alcoholic package, e.g. Premium and Premium, or Classic and Classic.
- If the second person in the stateroom hasn’t purchased a package by embarkation day, the second equal package will automatically be added to the guest’s folio to “level up” everyone in the room.
- Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar (unless part of your specific package), or room service (meaning you can’t order a vodka soda to be delivered to your room).
- All listed prices on Celebrity’s site are in USD and are subject to change without notice.
- A 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices when purchased.
- Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis.
- Purchased packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package.
- Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day.
- Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol.
- The security systems employed – both point-of-sale and CCTV – will alert Celebrity of any abuses.
- The triggers that will immediately raise the red flag of potential abuse with Celebrity include:
- Ordering drinks in rapid succession at the same bar
- Ordering drinks from different bars within the same area over a short period of time (for example, a drink at the Pool Bar, then 5 minutes later a drink at a satellite bar)
- Each night, each guest’s consumption is reviewed. Any abnormalities will result in further investigation, including, but not limited to a review of video surveillance footage.
- If caught abusing the system by “buying” drinks for others, the offender will immediately lose their Unlimited Beverage Package and no refund will be offered.
- Other terms and conditions apply. *PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
I have booked a room by myself. If I find someone that wants to share the room with me can they be added on and for what price?
Would that reduce the price I pay?
Hi there, Lloyd. You can add a guest to your room, yes. Under most circumstances with most trips, they’d simply pay the additional port & admin fees. Most of our trips are based on double occupancy, so you’ve likely already paid for both sides of the room, plus both gratuities, and one port & admin fees. If there’s ever a situation where you’d like us to refund money you’ve paid to us and then charge your roommate, a 6% handling fee (calculated on the amount being refunded/recharged) is charged.