VACAYA BLISS CARIBBEAN CRUISE ON CELEBRITY APEX
FEB 17-24, 2024
We’re often asked, “What should we expect from a VACAYA Bliss experience?” Our Bliss vacations offer a welcoming judgment-free environment, all-star entertainment, mind-blowing parties, and non-stop activities to exponentially expand your social circle. Our cutting edge programming and innovative new social activities are meant to connect you with other travelers in lighthearted and unexpected ways.
The VACAYA Bliss rhythm is… Fun. Light. Warm. Spontaneous. Joyful. Engaging. Celebratory. Non-stop. Ultimately, each Bliss vacation is what you make it – totally yours to define. Our ships are the ultimate hub for friendship – your chance to connect with like-minded people from all over the world in a festive playful environment.
As a VACAYA guest, special airfare discounts are available to you for flights to Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Miami (MIA), and West Palm Beach (PBI) on Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, and Delta Codeshare Flights as well as with United Airlines and their Codeshare Partners.
Find all the details and booking links/codes HERE.
We’ll provide Celebrity with your bed configuration preferences. The beds in the stateroom can either be set up as one larger bed or split into two separate beds. When you first get to your stateroom, if your bed isn’t configured as you wish, simply ask your Stateroom Steward to reconfigure it at turndown and they’ll either put them together to form the larger bed or break them apart to form two smaller beds.
VACAYA has been called a “Game Changer.” Well here’s a great reason why… CELEBRITY’S UNLIMITED BEVERAGE PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON THIS CRUISE! Once online registration opens shortly before the cruise, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one of the myriad unlimited Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages directly from Celebrity.
At VACAYA we’re all about demystifying the charter cruise experience and one of the first myths we’d like to bust is that it’s not possible to offer drink packages on charter cruises. Let’s be clear… unlimited alcoholic drink packages are difficult to pull off on charter cruises because if they’re offered, everyone onboard is typically required to purchase one. However, working with the fabulous Celebrity team, we’ve come up with a plan to allow you to enjoy the packages usually unavailable on big-ship charter cruises.
The biggest concern with offering unlimited packages has always been that charter cruises are simply different than standard cruises. Charter cruises like those produced by VACAYA are all about bringing people together, with cruisers making many new friends along the way. And based on the industry’s experience, package abuse – where guests with an unlimited package “buy” drinks for guests who don’t have a package – is a real concern. It’s theft. So it’s been easier to simply eliminate the possibility of theft than to deal with the real-world consequences of those abusive actions.
But here at VACAYA, we kept asking ourselves, “Are our guests the type of people who’d walk into a convenience store and put a few beers in their pocket and walk out without paying? Or go to a restaurant and leave without paying their bill?” No matter how we asked the question, the answer for us was always “no.”
We trust you not to abuse the system. Not to steal. And it’s that level of trust, combined with Celebrity’s state-of-the-art monitoring, that will hopefully allow this to become a standard part of all future VACAYA vacations. But now it’s up to you to ensure that all guests play by the rules in regard to these new package offerings.
THE FINE PRINT
- Packages can be purchased directly from Celebrity after receiving your Celebrity Booking Number from VACAYA just before the cruise.
- All occupants of a single stateroom are required to purchase a beverage package if one person purchases a package. For roommates where one person drinks and the other does not, the non-drinker is required to purchase the Zero Proof package.
- If the second person in the stateroom hasn’t purchased a package by embarkation day, the second equal package will automatically be added to the guest’s folio to “level up” everyone in the room.
- Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar (unless part of your specific package), or room service (meaning you can’t order a vodka soda to be delivered to your room).
- All listed prices on Celebrity’s site are in USD and are subject to change without notice.
- A 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices when purchased.
- Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis.
- Purchased packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package.
- Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day.
- Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol.
- The security systems employed – both point-of-sale and CCTV – will alert Celebrity of any abuses.
- The triggers that will immediately raise the red flag of potential abuse with Celebrity include:
- Ordering drinks in rapid succession at the same bar
- Ordering drinks from different bars within the same area over a short period of time (for example, a drink at the Pool Bar, then 5 minutes later a drink at a satellite bar)
- Each night, each guest’s consumption is reviewed. Any abnormalities will result in further investigation, including, but not limited to a review of video surveillance footage.
- If caught abusing the system by “buying” drinks for others, the offender will immediately lose their Unlimited Beverage Package and no refund will be offered.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
If you’re among those guests who need to purchase an alcoholic beverage package AND a non-alcoholic beverage package (meaning one person in the room drinks and the other does not), you won’t be able to do this through Celebrity’s website or app once you have your Celebrity Booking Number. Celebrity’s booking tool requires each person in a stateroom to purchase the exact same package. Instead, you can purchase the different packages once onboard.
Starting Jan 1, 2023, Celebrity is offering a new slate of packages. While not everything included in this blog applies to charter cruises, you can explore the various packages and decide which is best for you HERE.*
*PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Promotional offers on Celebrity’s preview page (e.g., Casino Chips, etc.) are not available on charter events.
CAPTAINS CLUB BENEFITS
You will earn Captain’s Club points for this sailing with VACAYA. Many of the standard-sailing benefits, though, don’t apply to charter events. For example, most Captain’s Club events, like the Captain’s Club Welcome Aboard Party or the daily Happy Hours do not occur on charters. Discounts on beverage packages and internet packages, however, do apply based on your elite status. For those discounts to apply, you must first link your Captain’s Club membership to your VACAYA booking within Celebrity’s reservations management tool. If you need assistance linking your Captain’s Club account to your VACAYA reservation, simply contact Celebrity @ +1.877.200.2897.
CELEBRITY BOOKING NUMBERS AND ONLINE REGISTRATION
You will receive your Celebrity Booking Number directly from VACAYA approximately 45 days before the cruise. Once you get your Celebrity Booking Number, you’ll be able to go online at https://www.celebritycruises.com/account/signin and complete your pre-cruise registration.
Your Celebrity Booking Number allows you to check in and book all your cruise extras, from beverage packages to spa services to specialty dining.
Please note that everyone in your stateroom has the same Booking Number. You can check in and book cruise extras online through Feb 13.
Celebrity continues to feature two different ways to check in and book cruise extras – through their app or on their website. The booking of Spa Appointments is not yet possible via their app. So while you can book everything else through their app, for Spa Appointments, you’ll book those through Celebrity’s website.
USING THE CELEBRITY APP
USING THE CELEBRITY WEBSITE
Get started HERE. Once on the website (the example below is on a desktop computer; it’s a slightly different configuration on mobile, but ultimately the same sequence), you’ll follow this path to check in and book your cruise extras:
Once you click on any of the Book… buttons, all of the extras in that category will be revealed. You’ll have the opportunity to book the following extras in advance:
- Shore Excursions
- Beverage Packages
- Specialty Dining
- Spa Services (week-long passes for Celebrity’s Persian Garden wet area can be booked onboard at 3pm Feb 12)
- Photo Packages
VACAYA is unable to assist with technical issues in registering or purchasing extras. If you need assistance, please contact Celebrity directly at +1.877.200.2897 during standard US business hours. Also, please keep in mind that there may be a bug or two in the system as you try to navigate through the check-in or purchase process. Many times, if you log out and try again later, whatever hiccup was happening originally is no longer an issue.
CLOTHING OPTIONAL SUN DECK
VACAYA will offer a clothing optional space onboard where sun lovers can sunbathe in the nude. We’ll have details of the exact location shortly before the cruise. The clothing optional sun deck is ONLY available on Sea Days. While in all of our ports, swimsuits are required on the upper decks.
And obviously… we ask that cameras not be used in this area.
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are welcome to sail on this cruise. There is no testing requirement prior to sailing. Obviously, requirements could change at any time, and we will, of course, communicate any changes in protocols.
US Dollars are accepted in all ports of call.
We’ll have a complete list of Dining Times here approximately 60 days before our cruise.
A valid passport is required of all travelers.
Visas are not required for US Citizens, but may be required of other nationalities. You can check the visa requirements HERE.
Guests from countries that require a visa MUST obtain a valid visa before leaving home. Laws do not allow a guest who requires a visa to board the ship without required visa(s). SPECIAL NOTE: Even if you’re told you won’t need a visa if you plan to stay on the ship, this is NOT TRUE. If a visa is required of your nationality, you MUST have a visa even if you plan to stay on the ship.
United States Permanent Residents who possess an Alien Registration Card (Green Card) do NOT require a visa.
These travel documentation requirements are government regulations and policies. They are subject to change without notice. It is the sole responsibility of each guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents and have them available when necessary. These appropriate valid travel documents (such as passports and visas) are required for boarding, entry into other countries, and reentry into the United States.
We strongly recommend that all guests travel with a passport that’s valid for at least six (6) months beyond the end of their cruise. This greatly assists guests who may need to fly out of the United States to meet their ship at the next available port should they miss their scheduled embarkation in a U.S. port; guests entering the U.S. at the end of their cruise; and guests needing to fly to the U.S. before their cruise ends, because of medical, family, personal, or business emergencies, missing a ship’s departure from a port of call, involuntary disembarkation from a ship due to misconduct, or other reasons.
The name on your VACAYA reservation must match the name on your passport or other identification documents.
Guests who do not possess the proper documentation may be prevented from boarding the ship.
Unfortunately, no refunds will be given to individuals who are denied boarding due to improper documentation.
Part of the fun of any cruise – but especially an LGBT+ cruise – is decorating your stateroom door to give it a bit of pizzazz and to show your personality. You’re welcome to decorate it as you see fit, keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- Electrical components are not allowed (including those which are battery powered)
- No pornographic images
- Decor cannot restrict or interfere with passage through the hallway
- Do not use any materials that could damage or mar the surface of the door, its frame, or the hallway. Any costs involved with fixing damage caused by your decor will be charged to your onboard account.
- Standard Stateroom Doors are 6′ 6.5″ tall by 2’4″ wide.
All stateroom doors are metal. Magnets make for a great way to affix decor items.
DAY: With warm temps, shorts and T-shirts will be your best bet while in port.
NIGHT: VACAYA’s dress code is “Evening Chic” – smart and stylish. But what does that actually mean?
Dress pants/designer jeans, collared shirts, cocktail dresses, and skirts with a nice top fit the bill perfectly.
We never want to limit your creative freedom as far as dress is concerned, so know that there are no hard and fast rules in regard to what’s acceptable and what’s not. But here are some specific recommendations that will help you decide what’s most appropriate for Reflection’s elegant and casual dining spaces throughout the evening:
- Tank Tops in the Main Restaurants for dinner aren’t the best choice. Let’s be real… only a few of us (and we applaud you fetishists) would want to see a hairy armpit while enjoying filet mignon and lobster.
- Dress Shorts are ok in the Main Restaurants for dinner. Swimsuits are not.
- Dress Sandals are ok in all restaurants for dinner. Flip-flops? Not so much.
- If you’d like to keep your dress super casual for dinner, Oceanview Café provides a perfect dining choice. And flip-flops are a-ok around the clock in Oceanview.
- Shorts and T-shirts are discouraged in the elevated dining experiences of Luminae, Blu, Le Petit Chef, Eden, Raw on 5, Fine Cut, and Le Grand Bistro.
PARTIES: Our theme parties will provide you with endless opportunities to show off your style with imaginative costumes. Just keep in mind that your penis and balls and your vagina have to be covered (unless otherwise noted). But by all means don’t be afraid of the exciting world of sheer fabrics… we love them! Because Oceanview Café will be open late into the night (and we know you’re going to want a burger at 2am), we ask that if you’re wearing a costume that exposes your butt cheeks, that you wrap a towel around yourself while dining. Towels will be available near the entrance of the café.
THE POOL DECK: Just like with the men, women are allowed to use the main pool and Solarium pool topless. If anyone would like to sunbathe fully nude, please use our Clothing Optional Sun Deck while at sea. Please note that nude sunbathing is not allowed on the Clothing Optional Sun Deck when we’re docked alongside the pier.
All emails to our Booked Guests are available here.
We’ll begin previewing our FABULOUS ENTERTAINERS here approximately 60 days before our cruise.
Apex’s state-of-the-art Fitness Center – among the very best at sea – is located on Deck 15 Forward and will be open daily from 6am-10pm. The daily fitness class schedule will be published in your Celebrity Today daily program.
GETTING TO APEX ON FEBRUARY 17
Apex is scheduled to be docked at Terminal 25 in Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades. Details about getting to Port Everglades can be found HERE.
As always, the Terminal assignment can change at any time. Please check the board as you enter Port Everglades to confirm the docking position.
100% of your prepaid gratuities go to onboard staffers, including your stateroom attendant, the culinary services staff, the behind-the-scenes hotel services staff, and the myriad department heads who work with their teams around the clock to create a flawless VACAYA experience for you.
A 20% gratuity is added to all beverage purchases, specialty dining purchases, and spa/salon services. If you purchase one of Celebrity’s Beverage Packages, remember that you’ve already paid the gratuity when purchasing your package. No further gratuity is required, but additional gratuities are always appreciated.
A Note About Additional Tipping: As a community, we are extremely generous. We eagerly recognize outstanding individual service with a few extra dollars here and there. Of course, no extra monetary recognition is ever required, but when you take the time to say “thank you” and offer that 3am room service attendant or your favorite bartender a couple dollars, know that it’s always immensely appreciated by the crew members you recognize.
Basic Wi-Fi and Premium Wi-Fi services are available onboard Celebrity Apex:
Basic Wi-Fi Package
With Basic Wi-Fi, you can surf the web, send emails, and text family and friends via select messaging apps. It’s a great value option for staying connected while on vacation, but please note that you won’t be able to email large files, share photos or videos, use streaming apps, access social media, or make video calls.
Premium Wi-Fi Package
Premium Wi-Fi puts Celebrity’s best internet at your fingertips throughout your vacation. Message or video chat with your friends and family, browse the web, send emails even with larger files attached, and post on social media to your heart’s content. Plus, you can enjoy videos, movies, binge-worthy shows, and music on your favorite streaming apps.
If you’re new to cruising or new to Internet usage onboard, please note that basic Internet speed is nowhere near as fast as it is on land. Although the satellite technology onboard is state-of-the-art, the basic Internet speed is more in line with old-school dial-up speed at times.
Prices and available packages will be available for purchase in advance (once you have your Celebrity Booking Number) or onboard Apex. Availability is, of course, subject to change at any time.
DAY 1 | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2024 | FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA USA
DAY 2 | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2024 | A DAY OF SHENANIGANS AT SEA
DAY 3 | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2024 | SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
ARRIVE 4PM | DEPART 11:59PM
DAY 4 | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2024 | SAINT CROIX
ARRIVE 8AM | DEPART 6PM
DAY 5 | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2024 | ST. JOHN’S, ANTIGUA
ARRIVE 8AM | DEPART 5PM
DAY 6 | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2024 | A WILD DAY & NIGHT ON THE HIGH SEAS
DAY 7 | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2024 | FUN-FILLED & RELAXING DAY AT SEA
DAY 8 | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2024 | FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA USA
As with all cruises, please note that our itinerary is subject to change with or without notice due to sea and myriad other conditions.
When boarding Apex, you’ll be greeted by several V Team members who’ll give you a choice of 3 different colored lanyards – red, yellow, or green. Not only will the lanyard hold your room key card (especially helpful when in a swimsuit without pockets), but it’ll also help tell a part of your story at a glance:
RED – I’m happily taken and off the market, but definitely open to new friends.
YELLOW – I’m magical and mysterious. Ask for my deets.
GREEN – I’m open and ready to mingle.
We recognize you’ll be making a lanyard decision on Day 1 that might look a little different by Day 3. If you decide later that you’d like a different color, please swing by the VACAYA Hospitality Desk when open (hours are listed in your daily program, Celebrity Today) and we’ll be happy to offer an alternative while supplies last.
LUGGAGE HANDLING & ISSUES
If your luggage doesn’t arrive with you at the airport, be sure to file a claim with your airline and make sure they understand you’re getting on a cruise ship. It’s also wise to provide them with a copy of your itinerary. You’ll also want to put them in direct contact with Celebrity’s One Touch Hospitality team, which will help immensely in getting your bags to our ever-moving ship.
One Touch Hospitality handles Lost Luggage issues for Celebrity and can be reached at 1.844.418.6824, ext. 48844. Their hours of operation are 8am-8pm EST, 7 days a week. Their email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you arrive at Port Everglades, you will hand off your luggage to the porters at the taxi drop-off. Before handing off your bags, be sure each bag is properly tagged to your stateroom. When you check in online in advance of the cruise, you’ll be able to print luggage tags then. We recommend waiting to arrive in Fort Lauderdale BEFORE placing those tags on your luggage. This will help ensure they don’t get ripped off during your flights.
It usually takes between 4-6 hours from the moment you hand over your luggage to the pier-side porters until the bags arrive to your stateroom. If your luggage hasn’t arrived by 8pm, reach out to Guest Relations on Deck 3 mid-ship. They will do their best to track down your bags. Usually, the reason for a piece of luggage not making its way to your room is that the identifying tag was ripped off at some point in the transfer from pier to ship. These untagged bags are placed in corral awaiting identification.
For all the latest VACAYA gear (or V-Gear, as we call it) – from T-shirts and hoodies to coffee mugs and hats – visit our online marketplace…
Basic medical services are available onboard. The Medical Center is located Deck 2 forward and their opening hours will be posted in the ship’s daily program, Celebrity Today. 24-hour emergency services are also available.
VACAYA recommends that you consult with your primary physician before sailing if you’re experiencing any serious or chronic medical issues. The onboard medical team can provide basic services for illnesses/injuries that may occur onboard. They are also able to diagnose and stabilize most emergency situations. If you require emergency services that can only be provided by a shore-side facility, transfers can be arranged. Please note, however, that while sailing, transfers may be affected by weather or other logistical considerations.
Quarantines: The health and safety of guests and crew is of paramount importance. And on rare occasions, the medical team may decide your condition requires you to be quarantined to your room. This is most common when highly contagious gastrointestinal illnesses like Norovirus are diagnosed. We’ve all heard the stories of hundreds of cruise passengers falling ill with stomach issues like Norovirus and the like. Based on Center for Disease Control guidelines, quarantine is the medical team’s best defense in stopping the spread of viruses such as this. If you’re quarantined, we will do our very best to make you as comfortable as possible for the duration of your quarantine.
VACAYA is all about connections. And we’ll host different professional and interest group meetups throughout the week, giving you the chance to come together with others who share like interests. We’ll also host twice-daily 12-step meetings. It’s time to make some new friends!
Monkeypox has been making its way through the LGBT+ community over the past year and, while abating, it has continued to be problematic for gay men in some areas of the world. Monkeypox is a virus that includes a painful rash, which may look like pimples or blisters, and flu-like symptoms. Monkeypox spreads through close, personal, skin-to-skin contact.
We advise that you take all necessary preventive measures to avoid contracting or spreading the infection, including vaccination.
The CDC says that if you were vaccinated against smallpox as a child that that inoculation offers some protection against monkeypox. You can learn more about monkeypox and monkeypox vaccinations HERE.
If you’re experiencing symptoms suggesting you may have monkeypox, please see your healthcare provider immediately for treatment and be sure to limit your close contact with others.
OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP
To connect with other cruisers prior to the trip, we encourage you to join our Official Facebook Group for the trip. You can do that HERE.
This is also where we post smaller news about the trip that doesn’t necessarily warrant an email to everyone.
VACAYA’s promise to you is to deliver party themes for each of our trips 120 Days before our adventure together. That day is October 20, 2023!
Inbound and Outbound Satellite Phone Services are available from your stateroom at a cost of $7.95 per minute. Calls are paid by credit card (Visa and MasterCard only).
For inbound business or emergency calls, have callers dial 1.877.266.1020 or 1.321.953.9002. Once prompted, choose to connect to Apex.
For more information about this service, visit http://shipdial.com.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY ONBOARD
Guests looking to preserve their cruise memories may encounter onboard photo and video documentarians in the form of the Celebrity photo team and the VACAYA media team.
For the most immediate access to photos from your vacation, look out for the Celebrity-badged photographers onboard. Celebrity Cruises offers an extensive range of photography services for guests to capture and preserve memories of their cruise. Trained photographers are on hand to capture every special moment of the vacation, from formal portraits to candid shots around the ship. There are a variety of packages available, ranging from single prints to digital packages, to cater to different budgets and preferences. Special events, such as parties and shore excursions, can also be commemorated with specially designed photo packages. The photos are captured using high-quality cameras and equipment, ensuring they are of professional quality. The photo desk staff is available to assist guests in choosing the right package and scheduling a photo session that fits their schedule. Learn more here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/cruise-photo.
VACAYA also has a media team onboard to document the overall guest experience for our photo and video archives. The main goal of this team is to showcase the VACAYA brand to current and potential guests through our website, social media, and marketing communications. Their work is critical in helping us achieve our vision of becoming the #1 global brand in LGBT+ vacations. While they’ll be capturing the guest experience, it’s important to keep in mind that they are not specifically there to serve as individual photographers for guests. If you’re looking for personal photos and videos from your vacation, the Celebrity photo team is available to provide professional photography services and capture stunning, high-quality memories of your time onboard.
At VACAYA and Celebrity, we understand some guests may prefer not to have their photos taken during their cruise. We respect your privacy and your right to decline photography services. If you prefer not to participate in either the Celebrity photo services or the VACAYA media team’s documentation of the guest experience, simply let our photographers or media team members know your preference.
PRE- AND POST-CRUISE HOTELS
We are now featuring an all-new way to book our recommended hotels in each of our host cities. For Fort Lauderdale, our recommended hotels are the W Hotel (luxury), Cambria Hotel (mid-level), Courtyard Fort Lauderdale (mid-level), and the Embassy Suites 17th Street (economy).
You can book our recommended pre-cruise hotels using THIS SPECIAL LINK.
To book one of our recommended hotels post-cruise, use THIS LINK.
If any of our recommended properties doesn’t show up in your search, that means the hotel is sold out. In that case, you can choose from our second tier of recommended properties, which will appear.
- Guests are not allowed to bring Beer, Hard Liquor, Fortified Wines, Other Alcoholic Beverages, or Cases of Soda/Water onboard for consumption, with the following exception:
- Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per person. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. It is recommended that you pack your personal wine in your carry-on bag, as alcohol packed in regular luggage has the potential to be confiscated by security.
- Illegal Drugs and Illegal Substances: All illegal drugs and illegal substances are strictly prohibited.
- A note about Medical Marijuana: Celebrity does not allow guests who possess medical marijuana permits to bring marijuana onboard their ships. It is only legal to use medical marijuana in the jurisdiction (state/county/city etc.) where it was prescribed. It’s a federal offense to possess it when leaving and entering the U.S. and many foreign countries.
- Kratom is prohibited.
- All Firearms and Weapons, ammunition, explosives, incendiary devices, and realistic replicas of firearms are prohibited. For security reasons, Celebrity does not permit guests to carry firearms onboard during their voyage or otherwise secure weapons for anyone on their vessels or at the pier. Guests will need to make arrangements to leave the firearms at home or contact the local authorities for alternate arrangements. Celebrity does not allow any guest (including law enforcement officers on vacation) to bring weapons onboard the vessel. All weapons should be left at home, locked up in a vehicle if driving to the port, or turned over to a local office of Customs, police, FBI, etc. for safe keeping during the voyage.
- Flammable Items: All items with open flames or heating elements are strictly prohibited; the exceptions are hair curling irons, straightening irons (flat irons), and hair dryers, which are permitted onboard. Flammable Items include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clothing Irons
- Travel Steamers
- Hot Plates
- Incense & Burners
- Tea Cup Immersion Heaters
- Aerosols, except for personal care toiletries
- Fuels, including cooking fuels and any flammable liquids
- Gas Torches
- Lighter Fluid
- Flammable Paints
- Turpentine & Paint Thinner
- Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries
- Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes
- Car Batteries
- Oil diffusers
- Electric Blankets
- Electric Heating Pads
- Knives and Sharp Objects: All knives with blade lengths of four (4) inches or greater are prohibited. Knives that are concealed or disguised as other commonplace objects such as belt buckles, walking canes, pens, credit card holders, etc., are also prohibited. Flick knives (also known as an automatic knife, pushbutton knife, ejector knife, or switchblade) or any other type of knife with a folding or sliding blade that is opened automatically by activating a button, lever, or switch on the handle. Knives that incorporate locking blades are also not allowed onboard. Other sharp objects, such as scissors with blades longer than 4 inches, which could reasonably be used as a weapon, are also not allowed. Sharp Objects include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Box Cutters
- Ice Picks / Ice Axes
- Meat Cleavers
- Razor-Type Blades, such as box cutters, utility knives, and razor blades not in cartridge (Note: shaving safety razors are allowed.)
- Sabers, Swords, and Fencing Foils
- Scissors with blade length four (4) inches or greater
- Recreational Diving Knives Exception: Recreational diving knives are permitted onboard regardless of blade length but must be held in the safe custody of the Chief Security Officer. Dive knives may be checked in and out by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise
- Personal Grooming Items Exception:Personal grooming items such as metal nail files, cuticle tools, scissors for trimming facial hair, manicure sets and other similar small personal grooming implements, are permitted onboard.
- Tools include, but are not limited to the following:
- Axes & Hatchets
- Cattle Prods
- Drills and Drill Bits
- Other Tools (such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers) greater than 7 inches in length
- Martial Arts and Self-Defense Items include, but are not limited to the following:
- Billy Clubs
- Black Jacks
- Brass Knuckles
- Mace / Pepper Spray
- Martial Arts Weapons
- Night Sticks
- Stun Guns / Shocking Devices
- Throwing Stars
- Bows & Arrows
- Sporting Goods Exception: Sporting goods and equipment are permitted onboard. However, guests should be advised that the items must be stored in their stateroom and are not to be used, displayed, or carried in the public areas at all. Violations of this policy will result in confiscation of the item and may be considered to be a Guest Conduct Policy violation. Sporting goods include, but are not limited to the following:
- Baseball and cricket bats
- Hockey sticks
- Surf boards
- Golf clubs
- Disabling Chemicals and Other Dangerous Items: The following items or those similar are not permitted onboard:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- Celebrity no longer allows Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard their ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to not bring the device on your cruise.
- Spray Paint
- Tear Gas
- Electrical Extension Cords – including power strips/surge protected strips
- Spillable Batteries (Note: Wheelchair batteries are permitted)
- Small Compressed Gas Cartridges
- Fire Extinguishers
- Other Compressed Gas Cylinders (Note: Dive tanks are permitted if they are empty; Medical gas bottles are also permitted)
- HAM Radios or other transmitting devices are strictly prohibited due to potential interference with the ship’s onboard communication systems.
- Baby monitors are not allowed to be used onboard our vessels as their radio signal could interfere with ship communication and/or navigation systems.
- Note: Guests are allowed to have two-way radios, more commonly known as walkie-talkies, for onboard personal communications. Basic specifications are as follows: Up to 10-mile coverage range, Up to 5 watts power, Internal Voice, Operated Transmission, No external mounting antenna.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7
We’ll have details about the ReachOUT initiative for our 2024 Caribbean Cruise here approximately 60 days before our sailing.
Wearing a mask onboard is not required, but if wearing one makes you feel more comfortable, by all means… you do you. We all recognize that each person traveling has their own set of circumstances back home that affect their decision to wear a mask. No one will judge you if you choose to wear one.
A long list of safety protocols is in effect behind the scenes to minimize interruptions to the experience. #AdaptToLive
At VACAYA, we’ll do our very best to serve both cruisers who smoke and those who don’t. The designated smoking areas onboard Apex will be posted here approximately 60 days before our sailing.
Do you have a special need in regard to mobility, stateroom accommodations (for example, needing a shower stool), dietary restrictions, or medical equipment being brought onboard (for example, a CPAP machine and you’re in need of distilled water)?
If so, Celebrity has an entire department to handle these types of special requests. To begin the process, simply click on the Big Pink Button below and download and complete their Guest Special Needs Form. From there, just follow the instructions and send to email@example.com. Celebrity asks that these requests be completed at least 30 days in advance of the sailing. While requests can certainly be sent in after that date, there’s no guarantee Celebrity will be able to accommodate it, but they will do their very best.
If you’re deaf and in need of an ASL Interpreter on the cruise, please alert both Celebrity using the form above AND VACAYA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT
Our Red Light District will be open nightly from 10:30pm-5am on Deck 15 Forward. We ask all guests to be respectful in regard to cleanliness. Supplies, towels, and trash receptacles will be readily available; please use them. A simple rule to ensure we’re able to continue offering the RLD: if you make a mess, clean it up. Also…
Be polite and respectful.
This should go without saying, but no means no. Whether that “no” is verbal, physical, or simply one’s attitude, if someone seems disinterested, leave them alone. Don’t try to initiate play if someone is walking away, shaking their head, pushing your hand away, or otherwise declining via body language. Don’t be pushy or rude. You’ll be asked to leave the space if you are.
Understand that consent is sometimes non-verbal.
To put a finer point on the above: if someone is blindfolded and on all fours, they’re likely giving you non-verbal consent to have sex with them. If a guy is standing there with his dick in his hand, he’s giving you non-verbal consent to approach and likely give him oral sex. If, however, anyone pulls away or otherwise signals a change in intent, that means they’ve declined consent, too.
These are obvious situations and pretty common, but if you’re ever unsure, it’s always acceptable to ask. Other situations, however, may not be so clear. Be aware of your body language and the body language of others, and remember that non-verbal consent gets harder to read when alcohol is involved.
That being said, please understand when entering a play space like the Red Light District, a certain degree of consent is waived.
If you walk into a space where people are having sex, you waive a degree of consent. That’s the reality of the situation. Of course, you still retain the ability to deny consent; if someone touches you, you can gently rebuff them or move their hand away. Anonymous groping and touching is a feature of these spaces, and by entering them, you will all but certainly face it. Please keep this simple rule in mind: don’t be an asshole. Don’t push yourself on someone if they’re clearly denying consent.
Understand that not everyone reads body language the same way.
If you’re in the Red Light District where talking is at a minimum and body language is the primary mode of communication, you run the risk of misreading someone’s intent – a risk everyone assumes by being there. If you have to be more direct with someone, open your mouth and speak. There is a big difference between misreading someone’s body language and ignoring a direct, verbal “no.” If the latter occurs, tell the V Team members who’ll be present at the RLD each night. Disrespecting consent isn’t sexy; it’s harassment. And pushing it too far could be criminal.
Don’t let rejection ruin your night.
Some people will want to play with you, some simply won’t. The person you’ve been looking at all night may not be in to you, and that’s okay. Accept it, and know that’s part of the reality of every play space.
Never talk about who you saw at the Red Light District, and never take photos or videos.
The Red Light District is a place people go to be uninhibited, to break loose from the morals and judgement of society, and fulfill their sexual fantasies. Respecting the privacy of others is key to maintaining that atmosphere. Talking about other attendees outside these venues reflects poorly on you, and detracts from the purpose of the space. CAMERAS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT.
If you choose to have unprotected sex, assume the risks.
All sex carries some risk of HIV/STI transmission, but that risk can be minimized if you take certain precautionary measures, like using condoms or taking PrEP. Even with condoms, you’re still at risk for common sexually transmitted infections, and PrEP only protects you from HIV. This is why the official PrEP page on the CDC’s website states you should use condoms in conjunction with PrEP to protect yourself from infections like syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea.
If you choose not to wear condoms, you obviously have a higher risk of getting an STI than your condom-wearing peers. That’s a simple fact. There’s no shame in it, however. It’s just a fact of sexual life today. If you enjoy anonymous play – no talk, no names, no chatter – you assume even higher risk, and such risk is absolutely part of this kind of experience.
Since risk is unavoidable, there’s no reason to let that reality prevent you from enjoying what you enjoy. Take necessary steps to keep yourself healthy. Get tested frequently. If you’re HIV+, get on meds as soon as possible and take them diligently. HIV+ people who take their medications as prescribed become undetectable, meaning HIV antibody tests can’t detect the virus in their blood, and they are unable to infect their sex partners with HIV, regardless of condom use.
Get tested for HIV and other STIs after the cruise.
If you go into the Red Light District often and regularly have sex there, please get tested after our time together. Frequent testing is how our community reduces the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
Thank you to Alexander Cheves for these play space essentials.
Week-long passes to the SEA Thermal Suite will be sold onboard starting at 3pm on Feb 17. A limited number of passes will be available.
Before you purchase a pass, however, please understand this space…
First and foremost, it’s important to get this most crucial of issues out of the way first: the Thermal Suite is NOT a sanctioned play space. It never has been, and it never will be.
Many guests of all genders pay top dollar for massage treatments in the spa – some of which include Thermal Suite access before/after their session as part of the therapy. Spa workers will be coming in and out of the Thermal Suite non-stop to collect those guests. While certainly relaxing and meditative, this is their workspace. It’s NOT a space for sex.
Now, let’s talk “for reals.” We recognize there’s not a sauna or steam room at any gym on earth where guys don’t do guy things. It’s ubiquitous. But everyone also knows there are consequences to being caught doing sexual acts in those spaces. So just don’t. One thing that separates Vacayans apart from every other group of guests out there is that they’re respectful to each other and to the workers who call Apex home. We don’t want the spa workers to have to kick anyone out, but they will. And if you’ve purchased the week-long pass and get kicked out for inappropriate behavior, there are no refunds. You lose access and your money.
So, what are your alternatives? Well, VACAYA has created the largest sanctioned play area in LGBT+ cruising with our Red Light District. So, use it. Or if you’ve found “the love of your life” in the steam room, take them back to your room.
VACAYA is striving to create the most welcoming environment on earth for everyone in our community. To do that, though, we need everyone’s care in recognizing that certain spaces – like the Thermal Suite – will be occupied by men, women, and our non-binary guests, all of whom have paid for a spa experience. Don’t make anyone feel uncomfortable by being lewd. It’s not a good look for you or for VACAYA.
We hope you recognize that VACAYA is extremely progressive in our views on sexual expression, and we believe we’ve proven that we don’t beat around the bush on complex topics. We embrace sex and sexuality enthusiastically, but we also recognize when and where it’s appropriate. It is NOT appropriate in the Thermal Suite.
THINGS TO DO IN FORT LAUDERDALE
Fort Lauderdale is certainly one of the greatest cities in Florida and its uber-LGBT-friendly attitude is among the best in the world. You’ll feel it the moment you step off the plane.
If you’re looking for exciting things to do or great places to eat while in town, our friends at VISIT LAUDERDALE have created several fantastic resources for you:
VACAYA HOSPITALITY DESK
If you need assistance with a VACAYA-related matter, our Hospitality Desk is located on Deck 3 near Guest Services and will be open daily. A detailed schedule will be posted here approximately 60 days before the cruise. Opening hours will also appear in your Celebrity Today daily program.
VACAYA SIP AND SAVOR BOOK CLUB
Once again, we will feature the VACAYA “Sip & Savor” Book Club. We’ll post the selection for this cruise approximately 120 days before our sailing.
WORKSHOPS AND MEETUPS
We’ll have an exciting lineup of meetups and activities throughout your cruise. We’ll post specific details about those events here around 30 days before we sail.