It’s VACAYA’s first Winter Escape and it’s time to celebrate!
VACAYA has been called a “Game Changer.” Well here’s a great reason why… CELEBRITY’S UNLIMITED BEVERAGE PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON THIS CRUISE! Once online registration opens shortly before the cruise, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one of the myriad unlimited Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages directly from Celebrity.
At VACAYA we’re all about demystifying the charter cruise experience and one of the first myths we’d like to bust is that it’s not possible to offer drink packages on charter cruises. Let’s be clear… unlimited alcoholic drink packages are difficult to pull off on charter cruises because if they’re offered, everyone onboard is typically required to purchase one. However, working with the fabulous Celebrity team, we’ve come up with a plan to allow you to enjoy the packages usually unavailable on big-ship charter cruises.
The biggest concern with offering unlimited packages has always been that charter cruises are simply different than standard cruises. Charter cruises like those produced by VACAYA are all about bringing people together, with cruisers making many new friends along the way. And based on the industry’s experience, package abuse – where guests with an unlimited package “buy” drinks for guests who don’t have a package – is a real concern. It’s theft. So it’s been easier to simply eliminate the possibility of theft than to deal with the real-world consequences of those abusive actions.
But here at VACAYA, we kept asking ourselves, “Are our guests the type of people who’d walk into a convenience store and put a few beers in their pocket and walk out without paying? Or go to a restaurant and leave without paying their bill?” No matter how we asked the question, the answer for us was always “no.”
We trust you not to abuse the system. Not to steal. And it’s that level of trust, combined with Celebrity’s state-of-the-art monitoring, that will hopefully allow this to become a standard part of all future VACAYA vacations. But now it’s up to you to ensure that all guests play by the rules in regard to these new package offerings.
- Packages can be purchased directly from Celebrity after receiving your Celebrity Booking Number from VACAYA just before the cruise.
- All occupants of a single stateroom are required to purchase a beverage package. For roommates where one person drinks and the other does not, the non-drinker is required to purchase the equivalent non-alcoholic package, e.g. Premium and Premium, or Classic and Classic. There is an exception for STEP participants, who may book any package, regardless of their roommate’s selection (or lack there of).
- Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar (unless part of your specific package), or room service (meaning you can’t order a vodka soda to be delivered to your room).
- All listed prices on Celebrity’s site are in USD and are subject to change without notice.
- A 20% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic, and Premium Package prices when purchased.
- Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis.
- Purchased packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package.
- Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day.
- Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol.
- The security systems employed – both point-of-sale and CCTV – will alert Celebrity of any abuses.
- The triggers that will immediately raise the red flag of potential abuse with Celebrity include:
- Ordering drinks in rapid succession at the same bar
- Ordering drinks from different bars within the same area over a short period of time (for example, a drink at the Pool Bar, then 5 minutes later a drink at a satellite bar)
- Each night, each guest’s consumption is reviewed. Any abnormalities will result in further investigation, including, but not limited to a review of video surveillance footage.
- If caught abusing the system by “buying” drinks for others, the offender will immediately lose their Unlimited Beverage Package and no refund will be offered.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
*Promotional offers on Celebrity’s preview page (e.g., Casino Promo Chips, etc.) are not available on charter events.